Monday, June 7, 2010

Not Me! Monday

Mckmama- Not Me Monday

Another week and another Not Me! Monday post. In McMama’s words:

"Not Me! Monday was born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I’d rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing!"

So, our baby continues to wake up early. “What’s early?” you may ask. Well, 5:15am or maybe 5:30. Yesterday morning however, he was up before 5am. He did play quietly in his crib. I thought (or maybe “hoped” is the correct word) he would fall back asleep. But, no such luck. So, I got him out and he played with bath toys while I took my shower. Normally, my husband would tend to the baby on the weekend mornings, but he had worked at his annual fire department picnic all day Saturday. All day meaning from 7am until 12 midnight. So, I thought he needed to sleep in.

The baby played nicely with the bath toys, enjoyed peeking in at me while I was in the shower, and pretty much kept himself busy. Well, after my shower, while I was continuing to get ready, there’s no way I would let him go downstairs by himself. Nope, not me! He has gotten very good at sliding down the stairs. He already had a cup of milk out and my middle son was downstairs already. Sigh… There’s no way I didn’t think that I should check on him, just maybe, because it was very quiet. And, all you Mom’s know what that means when the kids are quiet!

And, I didn’t come downstairs to find this:


Yikes! My baby did not empty almost the entire box of cake flour on the floor. Nope! And, he didn’t crawl through it, spreading it over the kitchen floor, onto the living room carpet where I saw random white spots. Nope, not my baby!

Oh well, a little cake flour never hurt anyone, right??

1 comment: