Friday, January 21, 2011

This morning

It's been a long 3 weeks full of sickies that are in our house..still in our house.  I started off the year with a full week-long cold that took me down, wore me out, and made me not care if my kitchen floor was swept (I know, Kari, can you imagine!?).

The week after, Matthew came down with a fever and a strange virus in his eye that resembled pink eye.  He's had pink eye once before, as a toddler, and this time around it wasn't as goopy as the official pink eye.  But, his fever lasted forever!  And, he'd be fine during the day, then his fever would spike up to 102 or 103 in the afternoon and evening.  He missed an entire week of school.

Now, this week, Daniel has had the fever, sore throat, and not many sneezes or runny noses as Matthew and I had, but he did develop double ear infections.  How nice.  He missed this entire week of school.  He has a birthday party scheduled this evening (it's a sleepover, but I just can't let go and let him spend the night...he's only spent the night away from me once in his 8 1/2 years and Daddy was there with him, I also don't want to make a drive 5 miles down the road at midnight to come pick him up because he wants to come home.  So, we made a decision that he could go and stay until 8pm...if his fever was gone...which it is!!).  For the first time in 5 days, he actually played after dinner last night.  He didn't have a fever for the entire day yesterday!  No fever spike in the evening!!

And, now this is the scene this morning.  The kids had a scheduled day off of school, which is great.  It gives us all extra time to recover before returning to those busy school days.

You gotta love Lincoln Logs!  The creative juices are flowing (see Anakin's Star Fighter on the rooftop landing pad?) and they're working together nicely.  sigh

The baby seems to be holding his own.  He's had some goop in his eyes, but no redness and no signs to indicate the feeling I'm having in my eye.  He's a little more stuffy this morning, but hasn't had a fever...yet.

I am (dare I say?) feeling slightly better.  My throat feels less and less on fire beginning yesterday.  It's still very difficult to swallow and I see a nice bowl of soup in my future for lunch.  I ate oatmeal twice yesterday.  It's warm, soft, and filling.  But, I can only do that for so long.

Anyway, I'm mulling over a couple more personal posts to come in the future, one about me and another more generally about my family.  It should be interesting!

I must go find my glass of water, my throat is telling me I need it.  Have a fabulous Friday!

1 comment: