Tuesday, May 1, 2012

happy may day

Let's just start with this picture, shall we?


I must say, in my own defense, I did ask them to not go over the culvert anymore.  Bottoms were getting some air, along with the wheels and I wasn't sure how many more times the fire truck could take that bumpy drop.  The fire truck has been with us for four years and it still has boys (and my niece) that want to ride it.  The expressions on their faces are priceless.  One is bracing for impact while the other is smiling with delight.



**********



 The boy's school celebrated May Day today.


It was a sweet celebration.  The lower elementary students had the honor of wrapping and unwrapping the ribbons around the maypole.


There was a small traffic jam when they switched directions.  So sweet...


I got to stand behind my middle son and his class.
 

One upper elementary student danced ballet while the other students in her class (including my oldest son) sang Wild Mountain Thyme.



It was a cool, overcast morning and reminded me of how many years this school has been celebrating this special day.  And also reminding me of those full-circle moments I seem to be having so many of.

Happy May Day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment