Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New Happenings and a New Look... (eventually)

A lot has been going on around here...

With 3 active boys and a semi-part-time job I have been a busy mama.  We've had a fabulous summer full of sun, beaches, trips, visitors, family, exploring, and lots of cooking to keep us all going.  We are all gearing up for back to school next week and enjoying the last bits of summer vacation...trying to pack in everything we meant to do but haven't yet gotten around to.  I'm hoping the weather holds up this weekend because I have a lot planned:  think baseball games, Lake Michigan sunsets, beach afternoons, park play dates, etc.

On a cooking note I was graciously offered to recipe test for Dreena Burton's fifth cookbook!  I couldn't have been more excited!!  We are currently cooking along and I couldn't be happier with what I'm seeing.  The recipes stay true to her desire to offer healthy, creative, vegan options that are pleasing to both adults and children.  They are whole-foods and plant based and full of flavor but also easy to prepare and have so far been made with ingredients I've had already in my kitchen.  Watch for future posts where I give you a sneak peek into some of the recipes for her upcoming book (due out in 2014-2015).

I love looking at my old pictures of my young boys but am realizing that they're very outdated and it's time for a change.  Change is in the air...

That's all for tonight.




1 comment: