Monday, May 24, 2010

Not Me! Monday

Mckmama- Not Me Monday



In Mcmama's words:

Not Me! Monday was born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I’d rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing!

Go to www.mycharmingkids.net to link up your Not Me! Monday post!

Here's mine!

My oldest son has been sick since the end of last week. He has had a fever, sore throat, cough, and tummy ache. I remembered over the weekend that he had a field trip coming up today. The whole school is going to a AAA baseball game this afternoon. They'll have lunch first at the park, then stay for the game. Sounds fun right? Sure. On a typical day it would be lots of fun. But, we experiencing a heat wave here in NE Wisconsin. It's 10:10am and the temperature is 79 degrees in the shade. The forecast high is expected to be in the 90's. And, it's humid.

Can you imagine yourself sitting among 6 second graders wiggling in their seats? The sun is beating down on you. And as you're sitting shoulder to shoulder, you can't even feel the hot, humid breeze that wouldn't give any relief even if you could feel it.

I signed up to go along with my other two boys (ages 4 1/2 and 14 months). Now, can you imagine sitting in those conditions with a wiggly baby who wants to get down on the concrete and crawl around? Having the sun baking his soft, white baby skin? Nope, me either. That's why, when my oldest was coughing last night and complaining again of a tummy ache again, I never thought, "Yay! I can keep him home from school and we don't have to go to the baseball game!" Nope, not me! I always follow through and tough it out if it means being uncomfortable.

I'm not secretly doing the happy dance inside.

Nope, not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment