Thursday, May 27, 2010

Quick Post

So, I've been a little MIA this week. I'm getting used to having my 4 1/2 year old home for the summer and having the baby give up his morning nap. As a result, I'm not getting on the computer like I used to and my house is suffering as well. You should have seen it this morning!! I made bread, so I had my board out and flour sprinkled all over the counter. Plus, the baby was wanting attention while my hands were coated in bread dough, so I opened up the pantry and he found the garlic and methodically peeled off the papery coating. That kept him happy for a few minutes. Let's just say that I had a lot of things to put away once he went down for his nap.

We've all been lucky. The past 2 days he's slept for 3 hours for his afternoon nap. Yesterday, Matthew and I had a nice afternoon together. He splashed in the pool while I attempted some sit ups. I gave up when I thought that maybe I shouldn't be doing them outside...I didn't want an audience seeing me struggle. We found a couple of strawberries!! Daniel and Matthew each had one. They ooo'd and ah'd and said how delicious they were. We found another one that might be ready tomorrow.

In addition to a change in my daily routine, I've been running more consistently at night. I don't like running by myself in the dark. I'm afraid of the dark. I have no problem admitting that. But, it's light out until almost 9pm, so if Jessica isn't available (she's my friend who lives 3 houses down and we usually run together. We've run 2 half marathons together.) I've been going by myself. Tonight we had a really good run. We were both feeling good, so we did just over 6 miles. And, here I sit, watching Parenthood and blogging.

So, just as I get used to this new schedule, then my older son will be done with school. I'm really looking forward to summer. A new routine, less driving, more playing, more traveling, more fun, less stress!!

So, now I must close and head up for bed. Morning comes too soon in my house.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you could travel out here! Legoland is opening a water park this weekend...

    ReplyDelete