Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday's Lunch

The baby needed a morning nap today and the older boys were busy building a bunny trap. It was adorable. It was the typical box with a string attached (carrots as an incentive for the bunny were inside the box). So, while they were outside trying to catch the bunnies, I decided I had time to make some hummus and get my wrap ready for lunch.

I made Chipotle Lime Two-Bean Hummus and it was fantastic!! You can find the recipe here http://viveleveganrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/11/chipotle-lime-two-bean-hummus.html. I love the combination of the chipotle sauce with the lime, and of course the cilantro. I love cilantro!!


Dreena's picture is much prettier than mine. In fact, my pictures aren't very clear, probably because I was holding my 15 month old. He was hungry and wanted to see what I was making.

I spread some of the hummus on a tortilla and added some chopped veggies: romaine, red bell pepper, carrot, and avacado.


I need to practice wrapping my wraps, because lots fell out. But, it was delicious.


I was thinking about making roasted corn chowder with the leftover corn on the cob from dinner last night, but I ran out of time...such is life. Hopefully I'll be able to make some tomorrow and enjoy corn chowder with another wrap.

1 comment: