Wednesday, January 18, 2012

fun in the snow, blue sky and a dance party


 This past week has been pretty chilly here in Northern Michigan.  Our winter started out very mild, with not much snow.  But that has changed. 


 




 




 










 






I feel a bit like Mr. Rogers now.  I take off my coat when I come inside my house and promptly put on my warm sweater.  I don't have any inside shoes, though.  And I don't sing the song.  But, maybe I will tomorrow...


 


Today we spent our afternoon in the backyard.  Daniel is working on building a snow fort.  He's calling it a quinzie  and I'm not really sure how to spell it and what makes it different from a snow fort.  This is what the Boy Scouts slept in last weekend...outside...in January.






He had some helpers.   (I'm using that term loosely)

 


Or maybe I should say supervisors.



This one enjoyed the challenge of walking in the deep snow.

 



 




 


He'd fall...

 


...but then get right back up.


 


Such a proud boy!
 




The squirrel nests are no longer hidden this time of year.



 

This big boy showed me his talents at making a snow angel. 










 As of this evening they have made progress with the quinzie.




 



 


 ***************













 ***************



I saw blue sky today.  We don't see that much of it around here, this time of year.  It was something to take in - and appreciate.








 







We finished up the day with a dance party.  The oldest boy had his turn first and was letting the younger two have a go at it.




 My middle one can really bust a move!







We did it!  We're over the hump and on our way down the hill.  Daddy will be home in a couple of days and then it will be the weekend.  A nice, relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment