Thursday, February 9, 2012

denial and daydreaming

Tonight I'm going to pretend that my living room floor does not look like this.



Can you see the train set way in the back?  Still in the foyer by the front door?  Yeah, we haven't cleaned it up yet.  All bets are off when Daddy's out of town.  Meaning, he isn't here to get up in the middle of the night to go on a fire call, so I don't have to pick up the toys.



Since it's winter, and a pretty mild winter at that...I thought I'd reminisce about our beautiful summer that we had last year.  I didn't blog much over the summer because we had lots of company come to visit.  It was such a fun summer, I loved having our friends and family here.  I hope they all (and even those who didn't make it...ahem, you know who you are!) can come back this summer.

Our favorite place, the Sleeping Bear Dunes.  The dune climb,



and Pierce-Stocking Scenic Drive.









Uncle Frank and Aunt Donna from out East.



Uncle Bob and Aunt Karen (with Grandma) from out West.








The annual Cherry Festival Airshow.  My beloved Blue Angels were not here last year, nor will they be here this year...I have to wait until 2014... sigh

But, we do love the U.S. Coast Guard.



It can be a bit loud for little ears, even Momma ears too.













Matthew, contemplating life.



The beautiful waters of Lake Michigan.





Fishtown in Leeland on July 4th.



Ah, I can almost feel the hot air on my skin...can't you?

A little more daydreaming tomorrow.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment