Monday, March 12, 2012

a new book, a scruptious dessert and a new bed


Today was an exciting day.  The UPS man brought a package...for me!  Usually my working-from-home husband gets all of the packages but today it was my turn!


I know what you're thinking.  Yes, I already am lucky enough to have received my copy of Let Them Eat Vegan! last week.  But today's copy came officially from the publisher because I'm going to do my first ever book review!  I'm so excited I can barely contain myself...honestly.

So, stay tuned later this week when I'll be doing my official review which will include a never-before-published recipe.  You'll definitely want to check that out.

Here's a sneak peek of something I made for dessert tonight.  It's low in sugar, made without refined flours, and of course it's plant-based.






Onto other important news...

A certain big boy is becoming less and less of a baby.  He'll always be my baby of course...they all will.  Last weekend he spent the last nights in his crib.  This is the way his room looked then:







I thought this was his last night in his crib, but Mother Nature dumped 20 inches of snow on us this night and my husband was busy digging us out and we couldn't get to disassembling the crib and assembling the new furniture.  So this was actually his second to last night sleeping in his crib...the crib that all three boys slept in...don't get me started...



And now the new room!  My niece loves the new setup!  His is her first bed of choice to put her babies in for napping.  She's a good mama to her babies.






This big boy loves his new freedom.  Much to my dismay he's coming downstairs in the mornings all by himself.  But to see the proud look on his face when he does, I can't say no.  Thankfully he doesn't think it's time to wake up at 3am...yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment