Monday, March 19, 2012

summer?


It's the middle of March in Northern Michigan and for the past week it's been feeling a lot like summer.



I had to find the short-sleeved shirts, shorts, and tennis shoes and stow away the winter coats, boots, snowpants, hats, and mittens (not really stowed away just yet, because you never know...it snowed 20 inches one weekend and was in the 70's the following weekend).  We went to the park, we put on sunscreen, we walked to lunch, it's been in the 80's the past three days...it's a lot like summer, only it's technically still winter here.



My family out West has been having our type of weather lately:  cool temperatures, hail/sleet, puddles in Arizona.  What's happening here?  I don't know, but I'm not complaining!!

I apologize for the duplicate photos.  I can't seem to get my laptop to plug in correctly, which means it's not working because it's so old the battery is basically worn out and it needs to be plugged in constantly or it turns off when you least expect it...not fun.  So I'm on my iMac and can only get my iPhone photos on here...I'm technically challenged.

Our middle boy had a big weekend.  He got going on two wheels all by himself.  It didn't take him long.  He's 6 1/2 and has been riding a scooter for 9 months so balance wasn't much of an issue for him.  He's just needing a bit more practice starting, stopping, and turning.  But he did great for his first day.


He also lost his second tooth!  Or, I should say he pulled out his second tooth.  I guess we're heading down that road.  Not patient enough for it to fall out on his own so he took it out himself.  I think that's just fine.  Daniel did the same.  Now, if he would just wear the clothes I have for him (we've been having issues now that he has "new" (aka: new to him) clothes that he doesn't like).  Hmmm.  I think I have my work cut out for me.  But, I already knew that...

***************

Look for my review of Dreena Burton's Let Them Eat Vegan! tomorrow!!  I'll also be posting a recipe that is only available in the book.  You'll want to check back for the recipe, definitely.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment