Sunday, July 1, 2012

challenge

I enjoy challenging myself.  And I feel like it's time again.  I've happily been vegan since last October but think I can be a healthier vegan.  I eat mostly whole foods but sometimes I know I could do better.  So my next challenge for myself is to eat a whole foods, mostly raw, gluten free diet for the next two weeks.

Some might call this a cleanse, some might call it a fast, or maybe a diet, but it will be my diet for the next two weeks, beginning tomorrow July 2.  I will not be consuming sugar, oil, or wine (aack!!) either.  Potatoes and pasta will be taking a break from my diet these two weeks too.  Also, I'm challenging myself to exercise for 30 minutes 5 times per week and also complete my yoga challenges for the next two weeks (and beyond).  I'm a member of Dr. Melissa West's membership site and she posts weekly challenges, among other perks.  She is a loving, generous, smart, and talented woman.  If you like yoga or are interested in giving it a try, please look over her site. 

One last item on my list is bedtime.  I've been going to bed later and later and am embarrassed to admit I've been going to bed between 11pm and 12am (sometimes later) most nights.  That must change.  I challenge myself to be in bed by 10pm every night.  Maybe I can even make it earlier.

I'm excited to begin a challenge like this.  Why?  Because I know I'll feel good.  Sure I may miss my glass of wine during the Bachelorette tomorrow night.  I know I'll miss having coconut oil and salt on my popcorn the next couple of weeks.  I may even miss my usual baked goods, but I know I can make substitutes for those.  And a cup of herbal tea will be a fine substitute for the wine.  

It's all about challenging myself, pushing my limits, seeing what I'm capable of. 

Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and proud of you for committing to this challenge! Can't wait to read your post once you're done!

    ReplyDelete