Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is done. But thankfully we still have lots of leftovers!

We usually drive down and spend our Thanksgiving in Indiana, with our extended family. Both Chris and I are from Northwest Indiana so we have lots of family there. It's nice to see almost everyone at one time, but it can get hectic with the kids needing their sleep, and not getting it because of our altered schedule. So, as a result, we decided to spend Thanksgiving here at home this year.

It was a very relaxing day, which made it even more enjoyable. We didn't have any guests, so we were on our own schedule. The older boys helped me make the pumpkin pie. Mostly, the OS (older son) helped with that and the MS (middle son) helped with the stuffing. They wanted to help more, but got distracted and ended up playing outside.

We had a small lunch in preparation for a big dinner! And, there was some extra time in the afternoon, I was able to sit down while the baby napped and close my eyes myself!

Our dinner was simple: turkey breast, mashed potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables (brussels sprouts, asparagus, butternut squash), stuffing, gravy. I thought everything was delicious, except the turkey. :) But, Chris assured me it was delicious...he raved about it a lot!

We usually also spend time in Chicago around this time of year, and didn't do that either. I missed not going to a museum (we've gone to the Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry the past few years). I especially missed eating at my favorite restaurant...Frontera Grill. Maybe we'll get there yet this year.

Another part of this Thanksgiving holiday that I missed doing this year was shopping with my family on Black Friday. I usually go with my Aunts, cousins, and Mom and for me it's more for the company than the shopping.

Every year is different and we haven't spent that many Thanksgivings at our home, so it was nice to do that for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment