Friday, January 13, 2012

a snowy day and letting go





 

 


We awoke this morning to a lovely blanket of snow, a long list of school closings, and boys excited to get out and clean the driveway (or maybe just play in the snow).







Fridays are busy days for us.  While the two older boys have school, our youngest boy has music class in the morning.  And then there's cello after school.  I was also going to stop by a couple of stores to get some more supplies for the oldest boy's camping adventure this weekend.  Yes, I said "camping".  Yes, it is January in Michigan.  I know, me too.




He's a Webelo with  our local Cub Scout group.  He's camping with a group of Boy Scouts for 24 hours which will help him earn the Outdoorsman badge.  The Boy Scouts have to camp in the elements whereas the Webelos will sleep in a heated pole barn.  That makes me feel a tad better.  They will be doing activities outside like building a snow fort...  That's all he can remember right now. *smile*




Nonetheless, I had to purchase some cold weather necessities like a fleece hood, nylon liner socks, ski socks, long underwear, and nylon shirts (I had those...he's wearing my running shirts) and pants.  He informed me that he may not wear cotton.  He'll be wearing a little cotton, but mostly a poly blend in multiple layers.  I think he'll be just fine.

 


This mama will feel much better when he and Daddy come home Sunday morning.






I had my helper in the kitchen again today.  Since we didn't have our full, busy day I was able to make a nice, big dinner.  I made Gimme Chimis from Dreena Burton's Eat, Drink and Be Vegan.  Have I mentioned I love this cookbook?  We had a yummy salad with her cumin-cinnamon vinaigrette and an avocado and tomato salad.  Yum.


Now we're just relaxing, having our movie night.  It's almost bedtime.

There's just one more thing that I'm very excited about.  I just joined Dr. Melissa West's website.  She is a Namaste yoga instructor and Thai massage therapist.  Being a member of her site I'm able to view her yoga DVDs online, receive her weekly yoga podcasts, view the bonus footage from her podcasts, participate in her online forum, self retreat, and lectures.  I'm very excited.  I've been wanting to learn more about yoga and work it into my daily life for a while now.  I'm happy to be able to do that with someone as knowledgeable as she.

It's getting close to bedtime, for boys and their Mommy (and Daddy).

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment