Tuesday, February 28, 2012

derby cars and birthday cakes

It's been a busy several days.  My youngest had a birthday, we had a scouting event that went way later than I expected, a birthday boy who is choosing not to nap every day and go to sleep when he wants to at night, and some others who are sick.  My time has been spent cooking, baking, celebrating, snuggling, cheering and reading when I can grab a spare moment.






Hands on hips...his signature stance at the moment.
 


Normally, socks off in a public place would wig me out...but any chance I can see those baby feet now, I  jump at the chance.  No too worry, once he got up to go play again, I made him put his socks back on.


There it is again, the birthday boy with his hands on his hips...adorable!


 I am no master cake decorator, by any stretch of the imagination.  But, he wanted a fire truck-train cake with kitty cats.  And that's what he got.  Cake recipe courtesy of Dreena Burton...chocolate "cream" cake.  Would it be anyone else??

A very happy birthday to my big baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment