Wednesday, February 15, 2012

pie and salad

Yesterday was Valentines Day.  Chris and I had a school event to attend, so I didn't have time to blog after we got home.  However I made this pie yesterday in celebration of the holiday and my sister was wanting me to talk about it, so here we are!  Say hello to Three's Company Pie.



It's a lovely thick, rich, smooth pie with chocolate, banana, and peanut butter.  There is no soy or sugar added, sweetened with only a couple of tablespoons of maple syrup.  You might think it would be lacking in sweetness...not the case.  It's rich, chocolatey and delicious with just enough sweetness.  And my toughest critics were able to have a piece tonight.  Approved by all boys, even the pickiest of boys ate his right up...after removing the slice of banana from the top...silly boy.

You may guess that this is a recipe courtesy of Miss Dreena Burton.  And you are correct!  It is from her new cookbook Let Them Eat Vegan that is coming out March 13.  She was generous to share the recipe early with us and you can find it here.  Another thing I loved about this recipe is that I had all the ingredients in my pantry and freezer.  I just happened to have some whole wheat, vegan pie crusts in my freezer because they were on sale a while back.

Today my favorite almost-3-year-old and I had breakfast with a friend.  It's been a social week for me having had coffee (tea for me actually) yesterday morning, a wine-tasting even last night, and breakfast with another friend this morning.  It's been a nice change from my normal "Groundhog Day" type of days where each day seems to be a copy of the next.  Anyway, since we had a big breakfast this morning I felt like I just wanted a salad for lunch.  I made a simple salad of romaine, spinach, carrot, cherry tomato, avacado, and walnuts.  I made a quick batch of Dreena's Living Cesar Salad Dressing.  It's creamy, tangy and was really yummy on this salad.  It's just what I needed for a light lunch.



The cold seems to be working its way through the boys.  The cough lingers the longest and the littlest boy finally slept through the night last night.  I was very happy and ready and raring to go this morning.

Wishing everyone a good evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment